BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
How to Book
Book as early as possible by sending the required deposit to Imperial China Tours or your Travel Agent. Your confirmation will be sent to you immediately, with the balance being due 60 days prior to departure. A late booking fee of $50 will be levied for bookings made within seven days of departure.
Should you wish to alter your arrangements after your original booking, you should notify us in writing and we will try to accommodate you. However, due to extra administrative and communications costs involved, a charge of $50 per amendment will be levied.
Cancellation and Refunds
If it is necessary to cancel your holiday, cancellations must be received in writing and the following scale of cancellation charges will be applied, per person.
Over 60 days $250- administration fee
59-40 days Up to 25%of the tour cost
39-10 days Up to 50%of the tour cost
Within 10 days 100% of the tour cost.
No refund is available for cancellation after commencement of tour arrangements or on for any service not used.
Should you encounter any problem on your tour it is always better to try and solve it on the spot with the operator of the tour. If this is not possible and you wish to lodge a complaint this should be done in writing within 30 days of completing your Imperial China Tours touring arrangement.
Cancellation fees will apply as required by Airline Tariff Regulations and will vary dependent upon the type of airfare utilised. Insurance is strongly recommended.
Not Including Cost
Visas, insurance, excess baggage over 20 kg (international), extra meals, laundry, drinks, souvenirs, items of a personal nature including medication, international departure taxes.
It is compulsory that clients purchase travel insurance at the time of reservation to cover against various contingencies such as loss of deposit and / or fare through cancellation, loss or damage to baggage, loss of money and / or travel documents, medical expenses, curtailment charges, personal accidents and personal liability.
Clients should ensure their chosen travel insurer has actual medical representation within China. The company will use its best endeavours to try and ensure that all land operators have suitable liability insurance in China. Whilst it will do so, it cannot of course guarantee that the operators will nor can it guarantee that any such insurance that may have been taken out will be sufficient to provide a complete indemnity in respect of any claims. This makes it even more important for you to take out full travel insurance to cover any claims that may arise”
Tour Program Validity
Considerable care has been taken to compile the information in this itinerary but circumstances may necessitate changes in the itineraries and costs, in which case you will be informed as soon as possible. Imperial China Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes which may occur and reserve the right to increase the price of any travel arrangements up to the date of departure. This includes adjustment for devaluation, fuel surcharges, airfare increases as well as international exchange rate fluctuations. The information contained in itinerary is based upon information that we have received and that we believe to be true at the time of printing. However, we cannot, and do not, warrant the accuracy of that information and accordingly, we disclaim any liability for any information that may not be true.
The airlines do not, by virtue of their endorsement of this brochure, represent themselves as either contracting with any purchaser of the holiday from Imperial China Tours or as having any other legal relationship with any such purchaser.
Responsibility and Booking
Imperial China Tours accepts bookings subject to the following conditions:
1. A booking is accepted only after the deposit is received and issues the client and their travel agent a confirmation account. The balance must be paid not later than eight weeks before departure, otherwise the Company may treat the booking as cancelled by the client.
2. The Company itself is not a carrier or hotelier, nor do we own aircraft, hotels or coaches. We exercise every care in the selection of reputable airlines, coach operator, hotels and other suppliers or the various travel services which are used in the tour. It is important to note, therefore that all bookings with Imperial China Tours are subject to the terms and conditions and limitation of liability imposed by airlines, coach operators, hoteliers and other service providers including but not limited to shipping, rail, car hire and restaurant operators, whose services we utilise, some of which limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage.
We strongly recommend that you take out insurance against these risks. We always do our best to make sure that your tour arrangements are satisfactory and we accept liability for, but only to the extent of, any loss, damage sustained by you as the result of our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
However, we can not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of those airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with your tour. We do not accept any liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force, majeure, or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any authorities, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
3. While the Company will use its best endeavours to operate tours as advised, reasonable changes in the itinerary may be made without notice where deemed necessary or advisable by the Company. The company shall have no liability in respect thereof. No refund will be made for any unused services which are included in the tour price.
4. Imperial China Tours can not accept any liability for the selection of the sites visited, the lecture and speakers and all aspect of the performance and quality of the lecturing.
5. ( a ) Prices quotes in this program are based on costs of 2009. The Company cannot be held responsible for any changes which may occur and reserves the right to increase the price of any travel arrangements up to the date of departure. This includes adjustments for devaluation, fuel surcharges, airfare increase as well as international exchange rate changes. ( b ) The air content of the tours is based on airfares applicable as the above date. As airline costs are constantly changing, it may be necessary to impose an air surcharge any time up to departure. ( c ) It is a condition of the acceptance of your deposit in respect of this tour that all monies paid to Imperial China Tours, whether by the way of deposit or otherwise in respect of the tour, may be disbursed by Imperial China Tours as and when it sees fit or in respect of the services to be provided of fees payable under the tour programme and the payment of a deposit for the tour shall be deemed to be a direction by you to Imperial China Tours to disburses such monies as aforesaid. All monies received by Imperial China Tours are deposited in its name with its bankers. Imperial China Tours are entitled to keep for its own account any interest earned on such monies.
6. This program is issued on the sole responsibility of the Company and has been compiled with reasonable care. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit any airline whose flights form part of the tour arrangement.
7. Receipt of a deposit will be taken as an understanding by the Company that the participant has read and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions.
Passport & Visa Requirements
Please ensure that you are aware of all passport and visa requirements. If you intend to attend to these yourself, please allow sufficient time for these matters to be completed. Likewise, if we are to attend to them for you, we need sufficient time to do so. We will not be liable for any delays, problems or costs if insufficient time is allowed to us to complete such matters. We also recommend that you travel with a passport that has a minimum validity of 6 months remaining at all times.
If you have any special needs, you must advise us of those in writing. You must also advise us of them in sufficient time that we will be able to attend to them. If these needs are to be met overseas, then obviously we will need a longer period of time to attend to them. We will not be liable for any failure to attend to your special needs, if they have not been notified to us in writing, and in sufficient time for us to attend to them.
It is not our practice to provide particulars of our clients to any organisations, other than those with which we deal for the purpose of providing the travel arrangements that you have selected. You authorise us to provide those particulars for that purpose.
Details of important consumer Terms & Conditions and Operator Responsibilities relevant to all tour arrangements and information contained in this program are outlined above. It is essential that these conditions and responsibilities are carefully read and understood prior to making a booking.
Using our Web Site
When using this web site you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions as they may be modified and posted to our web site from time to time. Without prejudice to the above, by using or accessing our website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions of use as they apply to your use of or access to our website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then you may not use our website.
Limited Stock or Vintage Change Policy
If the wine of your choice is no longer available or the vintage has changed from the advertised versions we will substitute with current vintage or a wine of equal value. We will endeavour to find your exact chosen wine but unfortunately we have no control over supply or vintage change.
Applicability of Online Materials
Unless otherwise specified the materials published on our web site are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. We have used our reasonable endeavours to ensure that our website complies with Australian law. However, we make no representations that the materials on our web site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of Australia.
We make no warranties, express or implied that making the Products available in any particular jurisdiction outside of australia is permitted under any applicable non-Australian laws or regulations. Accordingly, if making the Products or any part thereof available in your jurisdiction or to you (by reason of nationality, residence or otherwise) is prohibited, those Products are not offered for sale to you. You accept that if you are resident outside of Australia, you must satisfy yourself that you are lawfully able to purchase the Products. We accept no liability, to the extent permitted by applicable law, for any costs, losses or damages resulting from or related to the purchase or attempted purchase of the Products by persons in jurisdictions outside of Australia or who are nominees of or trustees for citizens, residents or nationals of other countries.
Copyright & Monitoring
The contents of our web site are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. We, or other third party licensors, are the owner of these rights. All product and company names and logos mentioned in our web site are the trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including us. You may download material from our web site for the sole purpose of using it as an information resource for our services. However, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from our web site including, but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent, except where expressly invited to do so, for example in order to complete any test or questionnaire.
We make no representations whatsoever about any other websites which you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to any other site does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other web or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator or web master.
Availability of our Web Site
We will try to make our website available, but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, web site, router or any other internet connected device.
We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated, any new features including new content and/or the sale of new products and/or the release of new software tools or resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.